Friday, December 17, 2010

Meet Your New Favorite Salad

When my friend Kelly brought this beautiful (and delicious) salad to our girls group Christmas dinner party I just knew I had to have the recipe! I'm so glad she has been kind enough to share it with us!

What you need:

1 red, orange, yellow and green bell pepper
1 red onion
1 cucumber
1 tomato (I left the tomato out)
1 lemon
feta cheese
1 packet of Greek salad dressing mix (I couldn't find a Greek salad dressing so I substituted with Garlic and Herb)
red wine vinegar and oil

 First, mix your oil and vinegar with your dressing mix and place in the freezer, then start chopping: bell peppers, onion, cucumber and tomato. Squeeze lemon juice over veggies to taste
 Toss into a bowl. Add feta cheese and dressing just before serving. I didn't put a quantity on the cheese because everyone is different. As for me, pile it on!
This was definitely the hit of the party and added a beautiful splash of color to the table!

 Thank you Kelly for this delicious recipe that is sure to be a regular on my table!

1 comment: